godfrey

Default ghostly lines running across my sony tv screen, advice appreciated!

Hi

Can anyone help? I own a 36inch Sony widescreen tv, and a Pioneer 565A
dvd player.

When I play a dvd on the tv, a ghostly vertical strip runs constantly
from the right to the left of the screen. It makes watching dvds very
hard as it is so distracting.

I have tried a different dvd player, but the same thing happens.

I have tried using s video and scart, but both produce the same
problem. It seem that the problem lies in how my tv is dealing with
the dvd signal. It looks like some kind of interference, but how could
this be?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions, as I am really at my
wit's end as to what it could be. I should mention that these ghostly
lines do not appear on my picture for sky tv, or video consoles, or
terrestrial tv pictures.

TIA

Godfrey