Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default What is so bad about plasterboard?

On 16/06/2016 22:54, James Wilkinson wrote:

He's only trying to save money. If the government wants things recycled
or disposed of correctly, they shouldn't charge us for it. Charging
people for things makes them avoid it.

So should I pay for YOUR waste to be recycled? If so, why?

The nearest to a sensible approach appears to be with electrical goods
where the cost of recycling is directly borne by the industry which
makes the goods. Obviously, they in their turn have already charged the
purchaser when the goods were first purchased.

[I have no idea how well the scheme works behind the scenes. What
happens if a major manufacturer goes bust and is no longer a source of
funds? At the recycling centre, it seems just fine.]

--
Rod