Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sony Magnescale alignment procedure

CARLOS REIS wrote:

replying to Jon Elson, CARLOS REIS wrote:
Hi jon

Did you rewired the coils?
I need to rewire the tiny inside the head but the double excitation coil
seems impossible to do manualy.
Can you help me with some advice?

Thanks
Carlos
Lisbon, Portugal

Wow, this is from something from a number of years ago. I DID rewire the
coils, and we got pretty good signals going into the converter, but the
output was no good. I don't know if we didn't wire it right, or if the
ferrite was damaged. Anyway, as far as I know, the scale never worked
again. Possibly somebody found a read head surplus and got it working
again.

Jon