Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch BlueGranite 1/4" bit

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:06:37 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 10:43:40 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:56:50 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

The hardware guy sold me this drill for my hinge door problem. The top one at that. I also bought a 4" wood screw, with anchors. I tried to drill through the concrete and then house brick and for some reason, I cannot get beyond a certain depth...I meet strong resistance. Now, I do not know if its me, or my variable drill. I had put as much power into it and still it would not go any further than about 4". There is a half inch jamb which came with the prehung door, then some concrete of the opening where the door was installed, and then comes the house brick. BTW, this is not a new door..its a problem that has increased through the years.

You may be hitting metal in the wall. Can't say for sure. Does the
drill have a hammer / impact mode?

Don't know what your talking about...not that savvy. Never heard of a drill having a hammer / impact mode..but thats me...and yet, I doubt it. It is a $100 Hitachi variable drill.

If you don't have a hammer drill, old style brick will stop it.