Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default Dems abandon 'innocent until proven guilty' to push gun ban

On 6/16/16 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I would agree that before we do anything else, like adding the no-fly
people to the federal gun check database we should figure out what that
list is all about, who's on it, how they got there, does the list make any
sense, etc. There should also be a well defined appeals process to easily
challenge being put on it, assuming we're going to keep it. I too have
doubts about whether it's really doing anything. The outright ban part
seems a little extreme too. Singling them out for extra special complete
searches of them and their luggage isn't sufficient?

Currently there is not only a really good appeal process, but there is
no requirement that anybody be notified they are on the list. Most show
to the airport and have all sorts of problems. I'd have to double check
because my memory is hazy, but I think one of the lists is classified so
they can't legally let anyone know.