Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crystal Tuned TRF (I Think) FM Receiver

"How wide is the deviation? "

If you mean the base carrier frequencies they range from about 174 to 210 MHz on these models. I do not now the modulation but I know each frequency ends in a 0.05. Every one of them, like 210.95, 174,15, they all end in a 0.05. That leads me to believe they run maybe 50 KHz deviation ? Europe uses it for FM radio. The US runs 75 KHz. Of course there are sidebands but what are the odds ? And the ones I have seen, the two channels are displaced by about 10 MHz or more.

I am probably going to become much bigger in that company. We got other problems that are dropped in my lap. Three year old unit we can't get any parts for, and there are still sellers on Amazon and eBay selling them. WTF.