Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Sterling prices.

Mark Allread wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:58:44 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 13:45, Mark Allread wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:12:13 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 10:42, GB wrote:

What's the effect of a 30% fall? A fairly massive inflationary kick,
for a start. So, interest rates will go up

No. They will go down.

Interest rate rises cause inflation.

Why do you think we have 'quantitative easing' ? To keep inflation
down.

and 30% fall in sterling would make any british export led industry
have a massive leap in profits, if those are booked in sterling.

Pity we won't have any Trade Agreements in place.

We do. Lots.

E.G.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...in-commercial-

deals-agreed-during-prime-minister-modi-visit

"India invests more in the UK than the rest of the European Union
combined [1]. In 2014-15 India emerged as Britain’s third biggest job
creator, creating 7,730 new jobs, with investments from India increasing
by 65% making it the third largest source of foreign direct investment
(FDI) [2]."

Oh, so we are now going to rely on India to bail us out? What happens
when the EU strikes a better deal and can also buy the raw materials at
more advantageous prices than we can?

So basically all we need to so is to partner up with India and the EU
can go **** itself.

Tut tut, such language - it almost made me blush. Why do you find it
necessary to descend to such levels and why your obsession with female
genitalia (evidenced elsewhere)? It just makes you look like a child who
thinks it is big and clever to go round shouting 'Poo!'

Raw material prices are set by buyers and governments, not by higher
import tariffs.