Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Sterling prices.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , michael
adams wrote:

In fact the "cheap point" is evidence of a cognitive bias whereby you
automatically associate bad numbers with the 1970's when Labour were
in power, as you did in responding to Capitol.

He was talking about his recollection of the pound going low. I
responded that I'd remembered it going lower. That's all. I made no
comment, express or implied, relating to the date or who was in power
at the time.

But neither did you seek to correct his claim that it went to $1.2 to
the pound in the 1970's, did you ? The very fact that you appended
your own observation to his, without comment as you say, simply
lent credence to his claim that it went to $1.2 in the 1970's.

a) Regardless of your own recollection, and its timing, the fact that
you were willing to take his totally erroneous recollection of a
70's low on trust, is the evidence of the cognitive bias I was
referring to.

quote

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

In article , Capitol

I can recall $1.2 to the pound in the 1970s. As an importer it was an interesting
experience.

It went to $1.05 at its worst. I remember as I was in the U Sat the
time and the Yanks were commenting on it.

/quote

If you think I did, then you're nodding off.

b) See (a) above

I can only ask you again a question I asked you before. In the course
of your work, were you ever subject to strong magnetic fields ?

In what way is this relevant to anything?

See (b) above

michael adams