Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Sterling prices.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , michael
adams wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

Too bad it doesn't support the cheap point you were trying to make by
implication.

So the lowest Sterling ever got against the dollar, wasn't during the
Reign of The Late Supreme Leader, in 1985 ?

The cheap point you were trying to make was that I'd got it wrong in
saying that the rate had reached $1.05 or so in 1985.

Were I was trying to make a cheap point about your memory failing you - and
it would indeed have been a cheap point, then I would hardly have given my own
example concerning the chainsaw, would I ?

quote

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

So much for memory then.

I would have sworn in a Court of Law under oath that I bought my
yellow Landxscape GCS350N chainsaw in my local B&Q.
I can even remember bringing it home. However when I looked it
up on the Internet to source a new chain the only such saws were
sold by Argos. Not believing what I saw I searched out the manual.
With Argos clearly printed on the back.

/quote

In fact the "cheap point" is evidence of a cognitive bias whereby you
automatically associate bad numbers with the 1970's when Labour were
in power, as you did in responding to Capitol.

I can only ask you again a question I asked you before. In the course
of your work, were you ever subject to strong magnetic fields ?

michael adams