Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Sterling prices.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:01:53 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 13:52, Mark Allread wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:18:49 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 09:52, Mark Allread wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:39:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 08:44, dennis@home wrote:
Are sterling prices falling because we might vote leave and if so
why do leavers keep saying it will go up if we leave?

Actually almost nothing is happening to the markets or the pound as
the markets have rightly assessed that the day after the referendum,
almost nothing will have changed, nor will it in the short term
future.

"£20bn was wiped off the FTSE 100 index

More than £20bn was wiped off the FTSE 100 index yesterday and the
pound fell as the markets took fright over the prospect of Leave
vote.

"More than £20bn was wiped off the FTSE 100 index yesterday and the
pound fell {snipped misquote aka lie} {insert correct words from

paragraph above}

There, fixed it for you.

Oh dear, you don't like a direct quote so you 'fix it'. Bless!

If the direct quote is of a lie, no, I don't. That's opinion, not fact.

Oh so its alright when the opinions suit you and are quoted as facts but
not the other way around? Oh dear, how sad.

Fact is the pound fell. Opinion as to why, is another level entirely.

As did the FTSE 100 - caused by people selling because they expect that
post a Brexit the companies will not be as profitable so they get out
whilst they can.

Poor profitability will also lead to further unemployment - and not only
of those immigrants who Brexiters seem to detest for whatever reason.

People are in jail for fixing FX rates. Its a fact.

and that has nothing whatsoever to do with your very wrong statement that
almost nothing is happening. Still, why bother to accept you were wrong
when you can change the parameters.

Appeals to authority are for stupid people who cant think for themselves
or count beyond ten without taking off their socks..

Great - we will see no more of your dubious facts or opinions backed up
by citations then, you seem to have learned something this afternoon -
but will no doubt have forgotten it by the evening.