Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Sterling prices.

On 15/06/2016 13:45, Mark Allread wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:12:13 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/06/16 10:42, GB wrote:
What's the effect of a 30% fall? A fairly massive inflationary kick,
for a start. So, interest rates will go up

No. They will go down.

Interest rate rises cause inflation.

Why do you think we have 'quantitative easing' ? To keep inflation down.

and 30% fall in sterling would make any british export led industry have
a massive leap in profits, if those are booked in sterling.

Pity we won't have any Trade Agreements in place.

I'm sure those patient Germans who sell more cars, lorries, TBMs,
cranes, kitchens, CAT scanners, washing machines and industrial
automation (heathrow T5 baggage system, Tunnocks Tea cakes cake
wrapping system) will wait for 7 years before they can access the
UK market.

I'm sure those cossetted French farmers with their big green John Deere
tractors and Claas combines costing upwards of 150,000 euros
will desist from burning tyres on the motorways for 7 years.