Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default UK government spending

Adrian wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:26:47 +0100, Andrew wrote:

So for example car emissions laws won't have to be complied with?

Err, we *know* that VW diesel cars deliberately don't comply with

North American

emissions laws already.

The other proven faking relates to Japanese emission testing.

We do not know that ANYBODY has faked EU emissions testing results.

Now, that might be a case of "yet" - I cannot believe that VW's engineers
are uniquely duplicitous AND uniquely incompetent - but that's another
question entirely.

As, of course, is whether the UK would do anything but continue to
conform to EU type approval regulations, when they're rapidly becoming
the global standard, with Japanese and US regs being about the only
exceptions.

And the US being a big export market for the UK?