Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK government spending

In article ,
Andrew wrote:

You've got to the crux of the matter. Send our country into a lengthy
recession from which it may never recover so you can buy a faster toaster.

Well that's what Gordon Brown achieved by 2008, and strangely enough,
he managed it while we were both in the EU *and* outside the Eurozone.

So we know what *can* happen (again) if the Remainers win, and those
of us old enough can remember that we got along just fine prior to 1973,
when we joined the common market, the miners forced out a democratically
elected government, slammed the door on cheap meat and dairy imports
from New Zealand and for the next 5 years inflicted an *annual*
inflation rate of between 20 and 25%, and even had to call in the IMF
for an emergency loan in 1976.

Thanks for confirming that the 'outers' think they can just wind back the
clock. To the times when the summers were hot and England ruled the waves.

Tell you what. Press pause on your remote control. That would be a start.

--
*CAN VEGETARIANS EAT ANIMAL CRACKERS?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.