Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] 21blackswan@gmail.com is offline

Default Kitchen sink garbage disposal dry

On 2016-06-14, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

You might call the maker of the disposal and ask the person who does maintenance at the apartment. They will probably also have other tips also.

My old landlord owned/maintained several rental properties. He
claimed it was cheaper to install the cheapest hardware (disposal,
wall htr, window AC, etc) and replace 'em as needed, rahter than to
buy quality. I didn't necessarily agree with him, but he always was
Johnny-on-the-spot with those cheapo replacements.

Myself, I generally wipe all dishes with a paper towel and put it in
the trash can before anything goes in the sink or dishwasher,
especially meat, oil and grease. The more I can keep out of the
drain pipes the longer before they need rooted out.

Excellent tip.

I know it's a good tip, cuz I don't even have a sink disposal,
anymore. Plus, paper towels are a replentishable.

nb

yeah,

i don't like to put much of anything down the drain

coffee grounds go in the garden,
and most other food waste goes in the trash can

marc