Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default What is so bad about plasterboard?

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 06:06:30 +0100, harry
wrote:

On Sunday, 12 June 2016 17:01:56 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 16:38:49 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Mike Clarke wrote:
On 12/06/2016 15:18, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Several messages both on Usenet and from people I know seem to
suggest
that
most recycling or waste sites run by councils won't take
plasterboard,
saying its a hazard. Excuse me, but my ceilings are made of the
stuff,
if it
was in any way dangerous, we surely should have figured this out by
now!
Maybe its just hazardous to the machinery that crunches everything
up....
Brian

Wasn't there a new (EU ??) rule a while ago about not being allowed
put gypsum into landfill.

And where do we get gypsum from?? Oh yes, out of the ground!

That's the same reason I use to scoff at the greenies saying we
shouldn't burn oil and coal. It was created by rotting vegetation and
animals, so used to be in the bloody air where we're putting it!

--
Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?

You're not clever are you?

Please not sig lines are jokes. I wasn't actually asking you.

That wasn't a comment on your sig, he was just too lazy to edit that off.

It was a comment on your stuff above the sig.