Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crystal Tuned TRF (I Think) FM Receiver

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 02:26:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I was used to seeing a crystal of 3,579,545 Hertz and that
was the damn resonant frequency. In TVs, when it said
4.000 MHz it was.

3.579545MHz is the color burst frequency. You'll see such crystals in
TV sets, not wireless mics.

This **** should be illegal. Where is the FTC ?

I think you mean the FCC. Congress cut their budget some years ago,
so the FCC simply reduced the enforcement burro.
http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-announces-enforcement-bureau-field-office-reorganization-plans
Field offices deal primarily with enforcement issues.

FCC enforcement is now generally controlled by Homeland Security,
https://www.fcc.gov/public-safety-and-homeland-security
which means you will need to complain about an act of terrorism before
you'll get the FCC's attention. If there's substantial potential
revenue from fines "notices of apparent liability", the FCC might
think about acting.
http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558