Posted to uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default Mobile signal improving over time

On 12/06/2016 2:46 PM, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Harry Bloomfield harry.m1byt@N
OSPAM.tiscali.co.uk scribeth thus
Do mobile phone cells maybe self adjust their radiation pattern, to
accomdate phones which have a weak signal?

The thing is, I am located for a few days where the O2 signal was
almost none existant when I got here, four days later the strength has
gradually improved to the point where it has become usable. I have
noticed a similar effect here at this location before.

They are doing a lot of work on 4G upgrades at the moment and some
networks are combining base station sites so anything's possible!...

Better still, Iridium is on it's way back. Unlike the estimated 14%
global coverage of today's network, Iridium had 100%.

A news report said it will be, first, implemented in aircraft.