Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crystal Tuned TRF (I Think) FM Receiver

Michael Black wrote:

This is much more obvious for the uninformed, so they can go and ask for a
pair of crystals for Channel A or whatever the frequency, and they won't
be puzzled by the crystal that isn't marked that way.

Since this sort of application might require changing the frequency
(because you already have one on that frequency, or someone in the theatre
next door is using the first frequency), it makes sense to keep a stock of
crystals and let the user change them.

** I have never come across user replaceable crystals in a radio mic.

..... Phil