Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Surestop valves and PRVs

"Robin" wrote in message
On 13/06/2016 20:25, dennis@home wrote:

There is no technical reason a PVR can't go before the meter however
there may be legal reasons but I doubt if anyone will care.

I can't see a problem if the meter is inside the property line and the PRV
will be too. Ownership of the supply pipe there goes with the property.

OTOH digging up the pavement to fit the PRV before the meter in the water
company's communication pipe might well be problematical - especially if
there's no apprentice to take the blame

They have - for some unknown reason - two water meters, One "in the street"
and one in the kitchen cupboard.

There is only one water supply! Every now and again they get an odd bill for
several thound pounds worth of water used when the wrong meter has been
read.

--
Adam