Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default UK government spending

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
Anyway, wtf does "sovereignty" actually _MEAN_?

It means we get to set the numbers. It means that laws affect this
country are made in this country. Simples.

Really? And to think that laws in other countries don't affect the UK is
just silly. How about the USA immigration laws? do they affect the UK?

Which particular laws made by the EU do you think will not affect the UK
if we leave?

Just suppose we leave the EU and the EU makes a law
banning the import of all UK goods and services.

Not only won't they actually be stupid enough to do that
given that that would kill the only really viable manufacturing
operation the EU has outside the car industry, Airbus, the WTO
would pull the plug on that so fast Junker wouldn’t know what
hit him and the Germans would pull the plug on Junker so fast
that he wouldn’t know what hit him because of the effect on
Germany car exports too.

That won't be a UK law,

It won't be an EU law either for the reasons above.