Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default UK government spending

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, 13 June 2016 09:10:58 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:

Anyway, wtf does "sovereignty" actually _MEAN_?

Oh boy. It means we can vote political parties out of office if we don't
like
what they do.

Such as invading Iraq and using billions of taxpayers money to bail
out the banks, so as to keep paying bankers their million pound bonuses
you mean ?

Nope, like giving Blair and Brown the bums rush at the
ballot box when they ****ed things up badly enough.

So which particular, electable, political party was against either of
those things ?

Yes, that power is limited because there obviously
needs to be a party that wants to do what you want,
but that's still much better than with the EU where
it doesn’t matter what any party wants when they
don’t get to initiate policy in the EP or even pull the
plug on regulations that the commission has imposed.

It means we have some control over our lives.

Such as choosing which of two Old Etonians will be our next Prime Minister
you mean ?

Neither Blair nor Brown nor Corbyn are.