Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default UK government spending

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , michael
adams wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, 13 June 2016 09:10:58 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:

Anyway, wtf does "sovereignty" actually _MEAN_?

Oh boy. It means we can vote political parties out of office if we don't like
what they do.

Such as invading Iraq and using billions of taxpayers money to bail
out the banks, so as to keep paying bankers their million pound bonuses
you mean ?

So which particular, electable, political party was against either of those
things ?

It means we have some control over our lives.

Such as choosing which of two Old Etonians will be our next Prime Minister you
mean ?

Plus getting shot of all the Polish plumbers and builders while at the same
time renouncing the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees,
The European Convention on Human Rights and going back on the Gold Standard.

Do try not to be a complete arse, such as by attributing stuff to
people (me, in this instance)

My replies, if you look, were inserted inline, to the doubly indented text which was
posted by in

And so correctly attributed

Had I being responsing to the immediate previous poster, you in this case, then I would
have been
responding to singly indented text . posted by "Tim Streater"

Whereas it would seem that in this case I didn't find anything of yours worth responsing
to, so I snipped it.

Perhaps, so as to avoid any similar upsets in the future you could find somebody to
explain
all this indenting business to you.

HTH

michael adams