Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default UK government spending

"Adrian" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:07:33 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For those who think this sort of legislation just happens, Dyson lobbied
hard to have the limit on vacuum cleaners set lower than it ended up.

What, James "Out! The EU is so terrible to businessmen like me!" Dyson?

Surely not!

quote

A new law banning vacuum cleaners rated above 1,600 watts came into effect on September
1,

as part of the European Commission's plans to meet targets on energy efficiency.

Dyson was not affected by the changes, as none of its vacuum cleaners are rated above
1,400 watts.

However, the company's founder claims the legislation is too crude and does not go far
enough.

"When the ErP (Energy related Products) legislation was first mooted, we were campaigning
for

lower limits - in fact we wanted a 700 watt limit," said Mr Dyson.

/quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-cleaners.html

To repeat:

" in fact we wanted a 700 watt limit," said Mr Dyson

michael adams