Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK government spending

In article ,
wrote:
Its extremely simple, just leaving the EU doesn't make us free to do
what we like as the leavers keep claiming.

nonsense. It just means EU won't dictate much re what we do within our
own country.

I know you know this. That the EU doesn't dictate anything. It has to be
passed by the EU parliament. So do try and keep the hyperbole to within
sensible limits.

Exactly so. If we wish to continue trading with the EU, we will have
to negotiate the new conditions. Only an optimistic fool would hope
they'll be better than the existing ones. All the available evidence
says otherwise.

Most UK trade is internal.

Really? That 1001 watt Hoover you are so desperate to buy is made in the
UK? They will set up a special production line just to supply the UK if we
leave?

In that area the UK retains control. Foreign trade is inevitably always
negotiated between countries.

Which is the problem. The UK isn't a self sufficient country - or one with
lots of natural resources it can sell to anyone. It is a small country
with a large population that earns its living through trading with the
world. Goods and services. And the EU is the largest trading block in the
world.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.