Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default UK government spending

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 09:10:58 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:

Anyway, wtf does "sovereignty" actually _MEAN_?

Oh boy. It means we can vote political parties out of office if we don't
like what they do. It means we have some control over our lives.

You don't vote for a political party in the UK. All you can do is vote for
the MP of your choice. A very different matter. It's not uncommon to have
an excellent MP who gets voted in again against the national trend.

Compare this with the typical European country model where no-one even
takes laws seriously. For a long list of reasons. And that's their own
country's laws.

Ever been to Germany? That is the largest EU country. Where they are far
more law abiding in general than the UK.

they're the exception

try looking at the club-med countries

tim