Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK government spending

In article ,
wrote:
You've got to the crux of the matter. Send our country into a lengthy
recession from which it may never recover so you can buy a faster
toaster.

While independant we, meaning the government, can tailor financial
policy in our interest. Welded to the rest of Europe we can't. If it
makes just 1% difference to growth per year, after decades it'll be a
big difference.

You can certainly tailor financial policy internally to suit your own
country best. But when it comes to trading with others, you need to agree
on the terms of that trade. Including financial policies, where they
effect that trade. The days of turning up in a foreign country with a ship
full of beads and swapping them for gold are long since gone.

It's one of the main reasons why the euro is such a dumb
idea.

We're not in the Euro.

And criminalising people for selling 1kW hoovers is just idiotic.

Yup. It's the death penalty for selling a 1001w Hoover from a market stall.

That's
where europe is heading right now, making a farce of the law and basic
justice at full speed.

Basic justice. Being able to buy a 1001w Hoover. You need to get a life.

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.