Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK government spending

On Monday, 13 June 2016 14:54:56 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Monday, 13 June 2016 13:35:22 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 09:10:58 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:

Anyway, wtf does "sovereignty" actually _MEAN_?

Oh boy. It means we can vote political parties out of office if we don't like
what they do.

Such as invading Iraq and using billions of taxpayers money to bail
out the banks, so as to keep paying bankers their million pound bonuses
you mean ?

- Do you have any clue how much worse it would be if we have no vote whatsoeevr
- over our lawmakers?

I work on the asumption that anyone who assumes power is still subject to economic
imperatives. And that this country no longer has any raw materials it can exploit.

So no. I don't have any clue.

Will they lower they minimum wage for instance ?

Or make zero-hours contracts compulsory ?

Or close down the BBC and sell it to Rupert Murdoch so that everyone has to
pay more and still watch adverts.

They're not going to re-open the coal mines and start up the British Empire again
are they ?

Do please explain.

It means we have some control over our lives.

Such as choosing which of two Old Etonians will be our next Prime Minister you mean ?

- As opposed to having someone in control thousands of miles away

Who never went to a public school, but like their parents held down an ordinary job
before being elected and know what it is to worry about not having enough money
you mean ?

- that has nothing but indifference & mild resentment against Britain

unlike Old Etonians* who have nothing but indifference & mild resentment against
British plebs who don't know their place.

- is making laws primarily for others' benefit,

And so unlike Old Etonians who are making laws for their own benefit and those
of their kind.

Never mind you can look forward to another twenty years of Old Etonians
since those clever Conservatives have discovered a way to subvert the Labour
Leadership Election process.

Now that's what I call democracy in action !

You really don't get it do you.