Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default UK government spending

On 13/06/2016 14:39, wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 14:01:57 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
So for example car emissions laws won't have to be complied
with?

Why would we have to comply with EU car emission laws for cars
owned by UK citizens. For cars sold into the EU, we obviously
would have to, just as we would for cars sold anywhere else in
the world. Like the US, f'rinstance.

Tim doesn't seem to know much about history. The whole car
emissions thing started in California. Due to the odd climatic
conditions they have there. And quite quickly spread to much of the
rest of the world. Those countries which ignored it are rather
regretting it now.

So you agree that we can't just ignore EU laws and that they will
affect us even if we leave.

This is all very simple, Den, and I don't know why you're
having such trouble with it.

Its extremely simple, just leaving the EU doesn't make us free to
do what we like as the leavers keep claiming.

nonsense. It just means EU won't dictate much re what we do within
our own country.

Like they don't make Switzerland allow free movement for EU workers?

Exactly so. If we wish to continue trading with the EU, we will
have to negotiate the new conditions. Only an optimistic fool would
hope they'll be better than the existing ones. All the available
evidence says otherwise.

Most UK trade is internal. In that area the UK retains control.
Foreign trade is inevitably always negotiated between countries.

or between a country and the EU like Switzerland and others!