Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Gas oven reluctant to heat up.

On 13/06/2016 10:30, Bob Minchin wrote:

I've no relevant experience on gas ovens but I'm surprised that any
flame failure device would allow and gas to continue to flow?

I think on my gas oven the FFD and thermostat seem to work in partnership.

1) Turn on oven - no flame but series of sparks from igniter across part
of the burner.

2) small "pilot flame" springs into action that seems to be directed
towards a small bulb- but no flame from the main burner

3) About ten seconds later big "wumph" as main burner lights.

4) when oven up to temp main burner flame is very low but much bigger
than in (2) above.

In (4) I assume that the FFD is open but thermostat turned right down.
in (2) I assume that FFD is initially closed but Thermostat would be
fully open.

--
Chris B (News)