Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default (OT) Mobile Phone Screen Protectors

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:03:12 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

My grandson's phone has a plastic film screen protector that had lots of
air bubbles under it. I tried to improve it but eneded up making it
"unsticky".

They are normally a one (or two) shot deal and take a bit of practice
/ technique.

I want to replace it but note on EBay that they sell "Tempered Glass" film
protectors. Are they really glass - or is it falsely described?

The ones we use seem to be real glass.

If it is
glass, then does it mess with the touch screen?

Doesn't seem to but it's possible that it does but not enough to not
to use one.

I really just want a normal
clear plastic protector - unless you convince me otherwise.

Daughter carries two phone and both with the glass protectors. She has
replaced them a couple of times when the protector has got broken when
the screen underneath was still ok. She didn't really get the
protectors for that but more to protect against scratches from keys
etc.

Any ideas (the phone is a Samsung S3)

I had an S2 and have an S4 and neither had screen protection because I
carry them in a horizontal pouch (Krusell / leather) on my belt and
put the screen inwards.

Cheers, T i m