Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Preparing old lawn for new one

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 02:19:19 -0600, Hillari Clinton
wrote:

On 06/13/2016 12:35 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Got too many weeds in one patch of the yard about 15x30 and decided to kill or remove all the old grass/weeds and start fresh with new seed.

I'm wondering if I covered it with tarps, how long would it take for the grass and weeds to die? I don't want to spray it with herbicide. Temp will be around 75-80 from now until August, then 80-90 until mid-Sept. No rain excepted any time soon.

Thanks.

A solution of one gallon of vinegar with a tablespoon of dish detergent sprayed on weeds kills them dead.

OK, but does it affect germination of the new seed? That is why you
can't use Roundup or similar chemicals.