Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] jamesjaddah1755@gmail.com is offline

Default Manual metal scoring project

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 10:39:52 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

I may just design this to cut one at a time, but as far as accuracy
they will be close enough.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Be aware that any error in width will cause a cumulative error in accuracy
. Strips will come out curved , sometimes in odd ways . Saw this in slitting
operations on plastic laminate (formica) used for edge banding and
countertop edging . A long straight guide on the infeed helps a lot .

--
Snag

They will not build on one another so there is no cumulative error to worry about.

I'm looking at pipe cutter discs, but I see no sizes, so I'll have to swing by the hardware/BORG stores to get a better idea. I assume I would have no problem sharpening the edges.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.