porch13

Default Sony Cordless Phone #3 button stopped working

I have a Sony cordless phone (model SPP-A2780) and the three button
has stopped working. I took it apart and the number buttons are a
rubber pad that lays over a curcuuit board inside the phone. The pad
and board look to be in perfect shape. I cleaned both peices really
well with alcohol and the three button worked for a day and then
stopped working again. Before it stopped working completely, the
button would work if you applied a lot of pressure to it. My question
is....is there some type of conductive liquid type material that has
worn off of the back of the button that helps to make the connection?
If so, any idea where I can get my hands on some?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.