Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Hauling 16 Ft Boards On An 8 Ft Trailer - Easy Peasy!

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 11:26:31 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/11/2016 08:10 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I borrowed a friend's utility trailer and came up with a system to get them
home safely.

You obviously haven't absorbed the a.h.r culture. You just put the 16
footers on the trailer and have Cousin Bubba sit on the near end to keep
everything balanced. What could go wrong?

"What could go wrong?"

Cousin Bubba splattered all over the rear window when I hit the brakes?

Actually, you've reminded me of the time I was at a friend's cabin in central
New York. A couple of locals came by inquiring about the old pick-up truck
that had been sitting on the access road leading to cabin for a few years.
These guys were pure Appalachia.

My buddy told them that they could have it just for hauling it away, but the
brakes were frozen so towing it wasn't possible. Well, a few beers and a
million laughs later, they tied a few tow straps to the under carriage and
dragged it down the road, hooting and hollering, smoke spewing from the tires
when they reached the blacktop at the end of the dirt road.

It ranks way up there as one of the funniest events in my life.