Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Hauling 16 Ft Boards On An 8 Ft Trailer - Easy Peasy!

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 10:24:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:

My daughter is looking for something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/lVY9OQQ.jpg

Some bed-rail hardware can be seen here ..

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware...,40842&p=43730

Thanks. There's lots of options at that site. I'll check them out.

This will be my 5th bed build. I've built all the beds in my house:

A bunk bed that converts to 2 singles, an L-style bunk bed and a platform bed.

I also built a knockdown platform bed for one daughter's college apartment.
About a week before she came home for Thanksgiving she told me wanted
something that she could fit in her car and that was also tall enough to
store those 18 gallon totes underneath. The challenge had been posed.

After Thanksgiving, she took the following bed back to school with her. 5
pieces for the frame, 2 for the platform, along with a set of instructions
a cordless drill, and a box of screws. It's really basic, but with a bed
skirt hiding the legs, it's fine.

Frame:

http://i.imgur.com/eBHvDEG.jpg

Frame With Platform:

http://i.imgur.com/Is1Kryc.jpg

When she graduated and switched to a different college for her Masters, I
gave her this as graduation gift. I built it tall enough to match the
tall platform bed.

http://i.imgur.com/qNF7c6M.jpg