Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Easy minor water leak repair?

On 11 Jun 2016 14:00:58 GMT, KenK wrote:

To get to my question - is there a spray or tape product that one can use
to quickly temporarily fix such problems until you have the time to deal
with them properly?

If not, might try to drain the leak water to some place safe. A
trough to the eave? A piece of scrap gutter?

Ultimate example, medium-small ieak under sink, filled bucket. I
emptied bucket but didn't want to do that every hour, all night, so
put the bucket on a box ,ran a siphon tube from the bucket to under
the toilet seat (had to uise a big plastic soda straw to make it long
enough) and amazingly, once the siphon started going, it was
self-regulating, and drained faster when the bucket level was high,
and slower when it was low. Took no tending in the two weeks it
took for the landlord to send a plumber. I don't know how to
predict what kind of siphon will do this. Some relationship between
the maximum and minimum heights of the water, and the length and
diameter of the hose.