Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile signal improving over time

On 11/06/16 21:38, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Do mobile phone cells maybe self adjust their radiation pattern, to
accomdate phones which have a weak signal?

The thing is, I am located for a few days where the O2 signal was almost
none existant when I got here, four days later the strength has
gradually improved to the point where it has become usable. I have
noticed a similar effect here at this location before.

I *think* that 'mobile signal' means 'what kind of bitrate I can get'

I remember using a 3G dingle for internet at a public show. Before the
event got started it was usable at around 9600bps, As the campground
filled up it deteriorated until you couldn't even send an SMS. bars on
phones dropped out as well.

Plus of course atmospheric conditions really affect Mobile frequencies