Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default OT Plot to ignore referendum result.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 20:08:13 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 11/06/2016 18:24, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:18:52 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

If we didn't have first past the post ****, he would have had a lot
of seats.

And we'd have a lot more politicians that we couldn't get rid of.

No, we'd have politicians we voted for, which we don't currently have..

No we would have politicians that the party leaders put first on the list.

There are many ways to do it, but I thought the most common was you still got the MP you voted for (if you're in the majority in that seat). If you're a minority in that seat, you get an MP picked by the party. Surely it's better to get an MP picked by your own party than an MP in the wrong party?

--
An elderly couple go to church one Sunday.
Halfway through the service, the wife leans over and whispers in her husbands ear,