Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Easy minor water leak repair?

On 6/11/2016 7:00 AM, KenK wrote:
Sometimes you have a small connection leak in a water system that you do
not have to time to properly repair right now - teflon tape on threads,
replace connector, whatever.

For example, I've been pestered with these problems in the water feed to
my evaporative cooler the past few days but have other urgent more
important problems to take care of. Fix one of those 'little' problems
and a related one soon arises. You know how often the 'simple' little
problems one starts on multiply and end up taking many hours you really
don't have to spare. Trip to store, searching for that special tool,
added related problems, accidents during repair that cause new problems,
etc.

"Plumbing takes three trips"

To get to my question - is there a spray or tape product that one can use
to quickly temporarily fix such problems until you have the time to deal
with them properly?

Depends on where the leak is located. E.g., pinhole leaks in a copper pipe
would be handled differently than a failed compression fitting.

Note that you also need to be concerned with how easily you can
"undo" any damage your PTF (permanent temporary fix) causes. You
probably don't want to turn a 2 hour repair into a weekend job!

Where are your leaks?