Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Installing (2002) Delta TS

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 05:54:24 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Bill wrote in :

In the owner's manual for my (new to me) Delta TS (36-841), it says:

"This circuit should not be less than #12 wire and should be protected
with a 20 Amp time lag fuse."

Not being aware of this detail until now, I was just going to use a
regular 20-Amp circuit-breaker (I ran #12 wire). Please advise. Thank you!

20 amp circuit breaker is fine.

The breaker equivalent of a "slow-blow" fuse is called a "high
magnetic" breaker. If your regular breaker is tripping on startup you
might want to consider going that route. Personally when I run into tht
though I generally just rewire the tool for 220 (if that's an option)
and run a dedicated circuit. Most tools seem happier with 220 anyway.

Running large stationary tools at 240V is certainly recommended (I
think the OP has already gone that way) but there isn't a lot of
reason to run dedicated circuits in a home shop. Several tools can
share the circuit, since you aren't likely to use them simultaneously.
The exception, of course, is a DC.