Asimov

Default Is my freezer too warm?

"Jerry G." bravely wrote to "All" (22 Jan 04 09:54:56)
--- on the heady topic of " Is my freezer too warm?"

JG From: "Jerry G."
JG The temperature of an average true freezer with the door closed for 24
JG hours should average about -15 to about -17 deg Cels. The peak high
JG and low should reach to about -12 to about -22 on the average. The best
JG stability is with the door closed for over 48 hours. Some models may be
JG a bit colder. There are some industrial deep freezers that can work
JG down to the -30's Cels and even colder.

When I was in high school I worked weekends in a large food store and
they stored their frozen turkeys at -55F. When stock had to be rotated
we were to have a 2 person team, one to stay outside and the other
inside. We weren't allowed to stay in longer than 5 minutes, to avoid
frostbite, basically it hurt just to breathe. So we bundled up extra
cozy with 2 overcoats, hat gloves, etc... Just imagine some crazy kid
might go in there to blow a joint, the door getting stuck, and them
coming out a stone cold block of ice. I think only the South Pole was
colder than this.

.... Over a hundred billion electrons were used in crafting this tagline.