B.G. Khang

Default dim lcd screen

I have a two years old laptop computer (model :Toshiba satellite 3005-S304).
I have been using it intensively for the last two years, day and night and
at work and home. As you expect, the screen is being worn out, most of time,
it is very dim I cannot read any character on it. It occasionally produces a
normal brightness at starting or when I change from analog monitor mode, but
in a short period of time and soon it goes back to the dim state. I have
been surfing in the internet to get information about how to fix this
problem. But I haven't gotten a clear answer. Is it caused by the so called
"inverter" or by "backlight". or both malfunctioning? The computer works
fine otherwise.

Thanks,