Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 2:48:57 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:38:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 2:35:33 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:19:51 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:44:05 PM UTC-4, Swamaster wrote:
replying to Big_Jake, Swamaster wrote:
Your blade probably isn't straight turn on your saw and leave it running for
about 30 min it will straighten your blade
--
It's been almost a decade since the question was asked. I assume he's done with
his tile job by now.

Jack was killed in a freak accident 5 years ago. The tile saw he was using malfunctioned slinging the saw blade at him and slicing his head in half vertically. It was awful. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

What kind of grout do you use in a head wound?

Cousin Splitting-Headache Monster

I think it's collagen based. Made from cow bones. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bovine Monster

Speaking of substances from animals...

I just found out about an interesting property of the blue blood from the
Horseshoe Crab. The show I was watching says that it is worth $15,000/liter.

Apparently a substance is extracted from the blood which turns into a gel
almost instantaneously when in the presence of the most minuscule amounts
of bacteria. Pharmaceutical and food companies use the substance because
it is the fastest and most sensitive test for the bacteria that there is.

The "rack" used for the extraction process is pretty cool.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...arvest/284078/

Cousin Blood-Letting Monster