Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default An independent view on the referendum (maybe)

"RJH" wrote in message
On 10/06/2016 10:46, Rod Speed wrote:

"RJH" wrote in message
On 09/06/2016 20:32, Rod Speed wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

Snip

So, I'll just have to go along with whatever happens
and just hope that it's *is* the best for all of us, at
least I won't be part of making the wrong decision.

So why bother to show up and spoil your paper ?

See above.

Complete waste of time even if you do a postal vote etc.

Only if you don't understand *why*. Hopefully you do now. ;-)

Nothing to understand, complete waste of time.

It's not that difficult - it's simply an expression of feeling. And
that gets recorded

So does those who don’t bother to vote.

But do you not see the difference between spoiling a ballot paper and not
voting at all?

Only in the sense that the individual who shows up in person
and deliberately spoils the ballot paper is just wasting its time.

Its not as if the deliberately spoiled ballot paper is
explicitly recorded so anyone looking at the stats
can see how many of those there are and how many
were spoiled accidentally by those who don’t
understand what the law requires for the vote to
be valid or were just drunk, careless or left their
reading glasses at home by accident etc.

It isn't. It’s a complete waste of time.

It might be. It might not.

It is always a complete waste of time because
no one ever does anything different because of
the number of spoiled ballot papers that are
seen in a particular election or even ballot box.