Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default An independent view on the referendum (maybe)

On 09/06/2016 20:32, Rod Speed wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

Snip

So, I'll just have to go along with whatever happens
and just hope that it's *is* the best for all of us, at
least I won't be part of making the wrong decision.

So why bother to show up and spoil your paper ?

See above.

Complete waste of time even if you do a postal vote etc.

Only if you don't understand *why*. Hopefully you do now. ;-)

Nothing to understand, complete waste of time.

It's not that difficult - it's simply an expression of feeling. And that
gets recorded and becomes a part of the election result. A large number
of spoiled votes could, for example, upset the legitimacy of the result.

It's not likely to make much of a difference, though - to do that maybe:

https://libcom.org/library/angry-not...ist-federation

Quite *why* people spoil their paper does of course vary - from a
thought through protest, through an honest mistake, to blind drunk. I
think Tim's reasoning is, the link above notwithstanding, pretty sound.

--
Cheers, Rob