Posted to uk.d-i-y
Slomo Slomo is offline

Default An independent view on the referendum (maybe)

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , T i m
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:25:25 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , T i m
wrote:

So, I could ask my local councilor (that I didn't vote in for the same
reasons (I spoiled my paper)) to propose a change in the voting system
where you are obliged to answer correctly 10 simple political
questions and if you don't get them right you aren't allowed to vote
because you wouldn't have shown sufficient 'sills' in the subject
matter. Exactly the same way they hand out driving licences or nearly
any other indication that you are 'worthy' of such status.

That would be your MP, not your local councillor. Parliament has to
legislate to change the way we vote, which will be defined in the
various Representation of the People Acts (part of the British
Constitution).

Yeah, and that. ;-)

My point still stands ... we don't normally let untrained people make
important decisions, we expect them to have at least a rough idea what
is going on or ideally be 'skilled'. But for them to be able to get
even that 'rough idea' they have to be given, or have access to, the
real facts.

I kind of agree, but as always one has to ask - who sets the questions,

There are no set questions.

who marks them?

The voters who decide if they like the result.

And how do I get to bribe them on behalf of my party?

You dont have to bribe anyone, just tell them who
the govt is and what that govt wants policy wise.