Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How Much Would You Pay For This Reclaimed Douglas Fir?

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 8:38:34 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

...and why did you look in "New York/Rochester" specifically?

On one recent thread (don't recall the subject), someone suggested, "if you're in the NY area....", so I assumed you may be nearby, there. The general NY search had a few hits, one happen to be for the Rochester listing. I don't recall if I clicked on several of the NY hits, before clicking onto the Rochester link. The NY hits were not only on Craigslist, if I recall.

In reality, all you did was get lucky. :-) That is why I asked how you
found the the ad. I didn't think I left a trail via those images.

In the "woodworking stuff to do in New York City" thread my response was
based on nothing more than a Google search for woodworking museums in NYC.
I can do that search and respond from LA, Melbourne or the moon. There was
no reason to "assume" that I lived anywhere near NY based on that response.

That said, I did grow up in NYC but I haven't lived there in over 30 years.

Further, I do indeed live close enough to the person who offered the Douglas
Fir on CL. In fact...

Here is the long piece lot behind my van:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...slxuuoagy..jpg

Here's the S4S lot in my garage.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psfwaqtqak.jpg

The lots are sold because I bought them. ;-) I offer $180 for both lots,
which is pretty much in line with what you estimated, so I'm satisfied.

You gotta admit that it was strange coincidence that you found the actual ad
based on my response in a different thread - a response that really had
nothing to do with where I live.