Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default How Much Would You Pay For This Reclaimed Douglas Fir?

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

...and why did you look in "New York/Rochester" specifically?

On one recent thread (don't recall the subject), someone suggested, "if you're in the NY area....", so I assumed you may be nearby, there. The general NY search had a few hits, one happen to be for the Rochester listing. I don't recall if I clicked on several of the NY hits, before clicking onto the Rochester link. The NY hits were not only on Craigslist, if I recall.

Rather than scanning through all the "Materials" ads, on Rochester's listings, I searched (top of the page) specifically for Douglas fir. .... and, later, for the chestnut.

My initial search was to get some idea of the cost of douglas fir in your/any area, since I'm not familiar with douglas fir lumber and its resale. I couldn't give you an estimate, if I didn't have some idea of the going rates. I didn't consider a search, until after you replied to my initial reply..

Sonny