Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Router sulks, then works.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 22:25:08 -0700 (PDT), "Ron D."
wrote:

Quote from someone

But I never did see any symptoms such as you describe -- everything reset
fine after being powered off for a few seconds or when the reset button was
pressed (in the old days where there were actual reset buttons on small
network equipment).

Seen those sort of symptoms all of the time. Power glitching is a good reason for them. If there's no backup batteries within the device, pull the adapter and short the input to the router for at least 39 seconds. I've resurrected a number of things this way. The last device was a wireless mouse. Did the "short trick" overnight and it worked. Usually 30s to 1 minute usually works.

You mean the power, right? Not the internet input.

The method has a good reason why it works. I also resurrected a automobile clock that died shortly after a jump start. A bit harder and it was never removed from the dash.

There is no internet input to car clocks (well, maybe there is these
days) so it's the power.

I'll try this sometime. Everything is working now. 39 seconds?