Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Default Is my freezer too warm?

Terry Pinnell wrote:

After getting some help here in October, I defrosted my Hotpoint 8571,
combination fridge freezer (messy business) and all seemed well.
Temperature of the freezer section was -25C.

I noticed over weekend that it seemed less cold. Ice cream no longer
took hammer and chisel to extract. Measured today as -17C. Is that
unacceptably high please?

As some others have stated, -17C is within a normal range. I'd worry
more about why it was reading -25C to begin with.

--
Paul Hovnanian
note to spammers: a Washington State resident